Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The name game!

Ok, Ok...... We have had Miss Alexandra's name picked out for a LOOOONG time! Years actually! Hence the title of the blog Alexandra Li. Soooo when we first saw her Chinese name we loved it ( Kai, pronounced Ki, rhymes with tie). We then decided to name her Alexandra Kai Li. So when all of our family and friends ( us a well) starting talking about calling her Kai instead of Alexandra it was a hard mental switch! Both of our girls have very traditional names and I just don't ever want Alexandra Kai to ever feel like she is the odd man out, but yet it is a BEAUTIFUL name and it reflects who SHE is. I'm afraid I will scar her for life if we call her the wrong name! Don't laugh! I am serious!!!! I lay awake at night worrying about this! I think I need some kind of anxiety pills, but then of course I couldn't go get my daughter!LOL!!!!!!

PS. For all of those not in the know, China has recently said you may not adopt if you are on any kind of anti depressant!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kai is actually becoming a very popular name. I know of three people who have recently given that name to their children. It's quite beautiful and fits your new daughter perfectly.

Kikilia said...

I love the name Alexandra and actually had thought of naming my Pipsqueak that when I adopted.

However, the name just didn't "fit" her and I went with an Indian (she's from India) name that fit her perfectly.

I think your little one "looks" more like Kai. However, there is nothing wrong with naming her Alexandra Kai and calling her by her middle name.

My cousin did that with his first born. We call him by his middle name- not first name- he's now 13 and it's never been a problem.

Good luck with whatever you decide and congrats on your beautiful little girl!

kalibug said...

Beautiful name!

Chris Ayers & Kelly Kline said...

Hi! Our daughter is also from the Daye SWI. We have kept a blog since adopting her in March 2005 -- www.dragonflydiaries.blogspot.com

(click on the March 2005 archives to see pictures of the SWI.)

Ironically, one of our fellow adoptive families from Daye named her daughter Kai as well, and it has served her very well!

Looking fortward to following your journey.

--Kelly

Research-China.Org said...

Congratulations on your referral. When you are ready to obtain her "finding ad", please come visit us. The ads contain great photos (pre-dating referral photos), and great information to know before you travel.

www.research-china.org

Have a safe trip!

Brian